Just like the President, you’re measured within the first 100 days (although it seems to be more like 90 days), quick wins that produce results fast will springboard you to early success. The trick is how they are achieved.
• Quick wins buy you the luxury of time for the more difficult challenges
• Don’t lose sight of the bigger picture – getting stuck in the weeds is a set-up for failure
• Take criticism constructively
• Remember to listen without judgement
• Don’t behave unprofessionally – intimidation and fear mongering are turnoffs
• Stay away from Micromanaging
• Make people believers
• Build your team on effort
• Demonstrate humility
• Get to know your team’s strengths and weaknesses
The idea is to build a team that is long standing and performance based.