I was cleaning out some papers I had squirreled away and found the following list of technology trends for the next decade that I had compiled with a few of my colleagues over nachos back in 2001. Here we go….
- Use of PDA’s (called Smartphones today) would be in everyone’s pocket or purse.
- Mobile Commerce would supplant e-Commerce as the next big thing.
- Instant Messaging would creep into the workplace and become a suitable tool.
- Windows on the desktop will fade and another desktop OS would take its place.
- XML would be the lingua franca for data exchange.
- The holy nirvana – the paperless office would appear as digital supplants paper to store information.
- Telecommuting would become a normal part of business ( think remote / mobile computing).
- Centralized computing would be back in vogue.
- Wireless computing in the workplace.
- 64 Bit desktop computing.
As you can see I hang out with some smart people.